Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Daily Kos: "I realize that I am not leaving my profession, in truth, it has left me. It no longer exists."

Daily Kos: "I realize that I am not leaving my profession, in truth, it has left me. It no longer exists.":


"I realize that I am not leaving my profession, in truth, it has left me. It no longer exists."

So wrote Gerald J. Conti, who taught for 40 years, the last 27 in the high school from which he is taking retirement at the end of this school year.
You can -  no, you SHOULD - read the entire letter, which appears here at the Answer Sheet blog at theWashington Post.   Over the past few years words like those offered by Conti have become ever more common from the lips and the keyboards of experienced teachers.
Allow me to offer two more selections from Conti beneath the fold.