Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Daily Kos: adding to the fun on Michelle Rhee

Daily Kos: adding to the fun on Michelle Rhee:


adding to the fun on Michelle Rhee

image

A brief & happy update on Leaves on the Current

JJ in quilt
whom as you can see above is delight by the lovely quilt given her by the Daily Kos community!
As I write this she is New Jersey for a nephew's first communion, having driven up with her brother-in-law on Friday evening.
Here's the good news:  she called me last night and told me she was able to get Gregor, her back brace, on and off by herself.  She was already able with Gregor off to undress herself for a shower.  Yesterday she was able to completely dress herself.   As she pointed out, that means she can now let me sleep through the night even when she needs to relieve herself.
If you take a look at the picture, besides the delighted expression on her face, to her right you can see a table on which we can put the most necessary items so she can reach them without getting out of bed or asking for my assistance.  She will usually have Miss Lilypad (her I-pad, visible on the quilt) or her computer or both on the bed, as well as her I-phone.
We are seeing real progress 11 weeks since this adventure began.
A few more observations.