Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 5, 2013

Are charter schools being milked by the Louisiana Department of Education? | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

Are charter schools being milked by the Louisiana Department of Education? | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:


Are charter schools being milked by the Louisiana Department of Education?

A funny thing happened at a community organizing meeting I attended earlier this week. I was going there to meet with someone who was supposed to help me organize and mobilize an anti-student-data-sharing campaign, although I missed that person I made a few interesting contacts. I also heard a story that made me wonder if many charters are getting a bad rap, and being coerced into abusive relationships by the Louisiana Department of Education.
I have no proof this is happening. I’m simply releasing a story I heard at the meeting. I’ve changed the name of the person who spoke with me. I do not have their contact info (and will not confirm if they are male or female although I have given this person a male name.) I gave them my contact info and encouraged them to contact me or federal authorities, and that they could do both anonymously.
If what they told me is true, Bruce Greenstein will not be the only Jindal agency head appointee going to jail.
Will came in late, later than me, and pulled up a chair next to mine. He didn’t seem to fit in as a parent or community organizer, and he brought a note pad, like myself, and took notes throughout