Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 22, 2013

School Tech Connect: Some Questions About The Concept Charter

School Tech Connect: Some Questions About The Concept Charter:


Some Questions About The Concept Charter

Confusion in my head there is. Plus I've started blogging in Yoda's voice so I've got my hands full here.

Here's my question: how does that state charter commission operate? Was there a commission hearing on the new Concept charters, or just a public meeting where they accepted a foregone conclusion? I hate having a full time job; I can never investigate things!

Let's review the timeline, shall we?

March 14, 2013: 

At 2:34 PM, the principal of CMSA emailed the staff there to congratulate everyone because they had just received word from the state commission that the two Concept charters that CPS denied were going to be approved by the commission.

Sometime shortly before the actual meeting on March 19, 2013:

The state's "Notice of Public Hearing," which looked like this: