Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 1, 2013

UPDATE: racial entitlement + mKindergarten kids are pulling down our test scores. | Fred Klonsky

Kindergarten kids are pulling down our test scores. | Fred Klonsky:


Ten minute drawing. Antonin Scalia. The perpetuation of racial entitlement.

scalia

Click on image to enlarge.



Kindergarten kids are pulling down our test scores.

Blond Boy Crying


SB 1307 was voted out of the Senate Education Committee on an 8 to 5 vote.
It is ready for a vote by the entire Illinois Senate.
The bill would require lowering the mandatory school attendance age from 7 to 5.
This is Rahm’s universal kindergarten proposal, but for the entire state.
The Illinois Education Association is one of the few


Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss.

drs04the-cat-in-the-hat-posters
Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss’ birthday.
The NEA initiated Read Across America to mark the occasion.
This is my first year that I can’t celebrate it with my students.
Kindergarten and first graders and I would make stove pipe Cat in the Hat hats.
And I got to share my favorite Dr. Seuss book. His last. Hooray for Diffendoofer Day.
I send this out to all of my students and colleagues.
“All schools for miles and miles around
Must take a special test,
To see who’s learning such and such -
To see which school’s the best.
If our small school does not do well,
Then it will be torn down,
And you will have to go to school
In dreary Flobbertown.”
Popout