Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 22, 2013

School Tech Connect: A Little Bit of Everything

School Tech Connect: A Little Bit of Everything:


A Little Bit of Everything

Still slammed with school stuff. They're working me like Seabiscut! No blog post for you!

I'm off (at 4AM tomorrow) to a tech conference with some great kids. We've got a number of presentations ready and we're going to rock the house, I'm pretty sure.

Since I'm a tech writer (cough! hack!) I'm going to tell you the five hallmarks of a successful school technology program.

1. Your students can name the books they're reading and give several recommendations.

2. They can talk about their interests, and the discussion is actually interesting.

3. They can talk about how they plan to make the world a better place.

4. They're open to new ideas, new people, different cultures, and change.

5. They can solve problems using technology.

And there you have it. You won't get that by