Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

School Tech Connect: Congratulations Are In Order

School Tech Connect: Congratulations Are In Order:


Congratulations Are In Order

I'd like to take this moment to congratulate all teachers who have made it into their fourth year of teaching. Already you have spent more time practicing the profession than Michelle Rhee did. I have admitted before on this blog that I myself was just as misinformed and arrogant as Ms. Rhee is after my third year of teaching.

I'd like also to congratulate all teachers who have made it to their seventh year.Your experience is longer than Michelle Rhee's teaching experience combined with her superintendency, from which she was fired.

Furthermore, I'd like to congratulate all school superintendents hired by elected school boards. Your efforts are steeped in democratic legitimacy. Those of you with longtime teaching experience, followed by successful terms