Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 2, 2013

UPDATE: #scrapthemap + Last week, #progressive #education summit in MD, @cityneighbors – @ the chalk face

Last week, #progressive #education summit in MD, @cityneighbors – @ the chalk face:



Let us consider supporting #scrapthemap this Wednesday

Here’s a link to the Facebook campaign. How can At the Chalk Face readers support this event next week?
Keep that national momentum going for Seattle-area educators.



Last week, #progressive #education summit in MD, @cityneighbors

Kristian Rusher, Kate Chesser, and yours truly.
Kristian Rusher, Kate Chesser, and yours truly.This is the first chance I had to talk about it.
I visited with some very dedicated educators at Hamilton High School in Baltimore last Saturday for the third annual Progressive Education Summit. Here’s info about the summit, City Neighbors Foundation, and Hamilton. Alfie Kohn kicked off the day with a keynote. I must say, when I was told about this event, they made sure to mention that the lunch was great. It was. And it was free. The whole event was free. We even got a free coffee mug. At least, I think we could take those home. Am I right? Anyone?
I/We presented a workshop with two former students, Kate Chesser and Kristian Rusher. They did a fabulous job, I could not have been any happier. I made a point to invite them because there seems to be a gap in the discussion. We try to hear from teachers, then from students. But, prospective teachers are at one point students themselves. Additionally, it’s important that prospective teachers remain hopeful that there’s more to