Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Independent Learning | Cooperative Catalyst

Independent Learning | Cooperative Catalyst:


Independent Learning

(Cross Posted from Life’s About the Journey)
I saw this video on “The Independent Project” thanks to a shout out from my old principal Mr. Adams. Within minutes of checking out the premise of the project, their website and this video, I was fascinated and frankly, hooked.
I think the idea behind a self motivated school situated inside a public school (a form that lends itself to more open learning if utilized to its full extent) is brilliant. That a bunch of interested students took focused time to work on a project that really interested them and had a concrete result upholds practically everything I’ve read on “modern education” thus far. Being affirmed in this project are various bits of Daniel Pink’s theories on the