Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I have some concerns about the #studentvoice in #edreform – @ the chalk face

I have some concerns about the #studentvoice in #edreform – @ the chalk face:


I have some concerns about the #studentvoice in #edreform

I will keep this brief. I have other things to do.
But I have some concerns that I feel like I need to air to see if I’ve got this correct or if anyone else is feeling it too.
Right now, groups on numerous sides of the education reform debate are finally asking students to speak out. There’s a bunch of different student-organized clubs or groups that advocate for education-specific causes. That’s excellent. We can’t complain if teachers are left out of the debate as we ignore students.
But I’m starting to feel icky. There’s one student advocate out there right now who will remain nameless. This person was catapulted into the spotlight, the head of every edreform table as of late. I am very excited to hear about this person. I’ve spoken to them and I look forward to meeting them in the not too distant future.