Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Daily Kos: So tell me how you might respond

Daily Kos: So tell me how you might respond:


So tell me how you might respond

First, let me set the stage.
I was asked to do a piece for Academe, the publication of the American Association of University Professors.  That appeared here about the impact of No Child Left Behind on education and what it might mean for college professors.  I included some remarks about Advanced Placement as well.
When some who had read it asked permission to reprint or cross-post it, I also cross-posted it here at Daily Kos, where it got a fair amount of traffic.
That lead to Valerie Strauss of The Washington Post asking permission to repost it in her blog, which she didhere on February 9.   That started a tsunami -  take a look at the statistics on that posting - more than 96,000 recommends on Facebook, for example.  I have received over 250 direct communications via Twitter, Facebook and Email.  I have been interviewed on a half dozen radio shows, with additional requests still coming in.  Follow