Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A graduated income tax: Giving with one hand. Taking away with the other. « Fred Klonsky

A graduated income tax: Giving with one hand. Taking away with the other. « Fred Klonsky:


A graduated income tax: Giving with one hand. Taking away with the other.

g2e22e20000000000008fe0a4d2d3a16b1c041ec1617b42f799a8ac3e92
Senate President John Cullerton. “More sacrifice from the pensioners.”
I admit that I am a suspicious guy. Especially of politicians.
So I was curious about how quickly Senator Dan Biss responded to my question last night: Why aren’t you a co-sponsor of Representatives Linda Chapa-LaVia and Naomi Jacobsen bill to change the state constitution and create a progressive graduated income tax.
“I’ll co-sponsor it,” he said.
It’s on video tape.
And then State Representative