Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 7, 2013

High School Educators Resolve to Do Better in the New Year - High School Notes (usnews.com)

High School Educators Resolve to Do Better in the New Year - High School Notes (usnews.com):


High School Educators Resolve to Do Better in the New Year

January 7, 2013 RSS Feed Print
Teachers resolve to challenge students and brag about their jobs in 2013.
Teachers resolve to challenge students and brag about their jobs in 2013.
Educators across the country are wrapping up their winter breaks and returning to school with a fresh list of New Year's resolutions. Forhigh school teachers and administrators, 2013 will be about improving their craft and helping students meet their goals.
"My main resolution is to continue to show my students a positive learning environment while fostering the nurturing relationships I have with them," Jenny Michael, a language arts and ACT prep teacher at Seckman High School in Missouri, said via E-mail. "My students show me something new every day and it is one of the best parts of my job, which encourages me to continue educating."
But to truly succeed, sometimes students need to fail. Mark