Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 12, 2013

ChoppEd: The Artistry of Teaching « Cooperative Catalyst

ChoppEd: The Artistry of Teaching « Cooperative Catalyst:


ChoppEd: The Artistry of Teaching

For most of my friends, it’s the high-energy music that gets them through their regular gym workouts. For me, its the podcasts and, specifically, the podcasts about education. Lately, I’ve been filling my iPod with the recordings that having been coming out Stanford University over the past couple of years. I find them to be engaging, relevant and even entertaining.
Today, I was listening to a talk given by Lee Schulman to teachers gathered at the 2011 Stanford Summer Teaching Institute (SSTI). As part of his introduction, Schulman referenced the popular reality-style cooking show, Chopped, which provides competing chefs with a basket full of ingredients and challenges them to create something fantastic. Here’s the program description from the Chopped website:
Chopped is a cooking competition show that is all about skill, speed and ingenuity. Each week,