Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 3, 2012

Teacher Sabrina gives ALEC a reality check | Seattle Education

Teacher Sabrina gives ALEC a reality check | Seattle Education:


Teacher Sabrina gives ALEC a reality check

From Teacher Sabrina:
On November 30, 2012, I had the rare and deeply disturbing experience of witnessing part of the American Legislative Exchange Council’s Education Task Force meeting: a closed-door policy-shaping session open only to the state legislators who help to pass them, the corporate lobbyists who pay big money to shape and sponsor them– and scrappy activists like me, who are no longer willing to cede our policy-making processes to unaccountable, undemocratic organizations who hide from the people their decisions ultimately affect. Here’s me speaking from my heart as a teacher driven from the classroom into activism by destructive policies like theirs. I’ll have more words and information soon.
@TeacherSabrina