Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 30, 2012

School Tech Connect: Exciting New Choices...

School Tech Connect: Exciting New Choices...:


Exciting New Choices...

There's a whole generation of kids of color who have grown up not having any idea what a comprehensive secondary education looks like. They get these things instead. Or these things. 

I'm really shocked that the elites have not moved back into the city to attend the lawyer-prep charter school. It's almost as if they think their kids deserve more than field trips to law firms. And I don't know how the private schools, or the selective enrollment public schools,  stay in business with these options.

By the way, as for the Rocketship schools with their online curriculum..... let me just say this. I've worked in some rather "elite" places. The schools I've worked at are places where parents invest--- either through property taxes or through tuition--- in comprehensive schooling. In each of those places, there were online programs. I