Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky:


Saturday coffee.

43268018-01
We no longer go out for coffee on Saturdays.
Necessarily.
Retirement has brought change to our world in unexpected ways. We can go to Peets on other less crowded days. Thursdays are good. Fridays seem worse than Saturdays.
The other day we were having a conversation about the changing nature of work. It has been an eye opener for me to realize that while I went to work during the day there were so many people who were sitting in coffee shops working on their computers.
Or at the gym at 2 in the afternoon.
Now that I have started my daily exercise routine I often find it is hard to even get on a treadmill. The place is mobbed.
And unlike at New View coffee, these people aren’t working. Their buds are in their ears or plugged into the TV

Ads on WordPress. A question for my readers.

WordPress is the platform I blog on. It is free and I have had no trouble with it.
They now offer me three choices.
  1. I can pay $30 a month for the right to have no ads placed on my site.
  2. I can do nothing and a advertisement might appear at the bottom of a post for which I will receive no money in exchange.
  3. I can sign up for ads, have more advertisement appear and receive a small amount in return based on the hits my site. not the ad, receives. It is  very small amount and doesn’t seem worth the trouble.
So far I have chosen to do nothing.
The ads don’t seem to show up very often and nobody has complained.
Let me know what you think.




Old school.

Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens).