Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 14, 2012

RI Teacher Resigns on YouTube; Cites Test Scores

RI Teacher Resigns on YouTube; Cites Test Scores:


RI Teacher Resigns on YouTube; Cites Test Scores

A Providence second grade school teacher said he has resigned because of the over-focus on standardized test scores and posted a video of him reading his resignation letter to YouTube.
“I believe my goal as an educator should be to create life-long learners. Rather than creating life long learners Our new goal is to create good test takers. our students are now relegated to experiencing a confining and demeaning education.
“I would rather leave my secure $70,000 a year job, with benefits and tutor in Connecticut for free than be part of a system that is diamterically opposed to everything I believe education should be.”