Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

NYC Educator: Recovering ATR and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Difficult School

NYC Educator: Recovering ATR and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Difficult School:


Recovering ATR and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Difficult School

by Recovering ATR 

For the first few months of a year I traveled to several different schools as an ATR. Then I got hired for the year in a school. It's large, it's far from where I live, and the students I have are repeaters. Last Friday report cards were given out and the predictable whining about grades ensued. The AP's office had a line of students complaining about their grades. This understandably did not go over well with the teachers. "Never shows up, when he does he chews gum in the back, and is mortally offended by a 65," said one teacher. I had one