Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 24, 2012

NOTE FROM A FRUSTRATED COLLEGE APPLICANT | Student Voice

NOTE FROM A FRUSTRATED COLLEGE APPLICANT | Student Voice:


NOTE FROM A FRUSTRATED COLLEGE APPLICANT

Re posted from: http://educationismylife.com/note-from-a-frustrated-college-applicant/
I am in the glory years of my life, as I see it.  I am 18 years old, come from a loving family, was blessed with a natural charm, and will never have as little responsibility again in my life as I do now.  To steal the phrase, life is good.
This is what I must repeat to myself a minimum of 25 times per day to keep my spirits up and my head level.  This is because I am a newly inducted member of the college rejection club, a rather unglamorous group that most high school seniors now find themselves in.

STRESS…YES

I was a proficient and capable student in high school, taking all Honors and AP level courses and never seeing more than one B on a final report card.  I played three varsity sports, held leadership positions in numerous activities, and started my own club.  Did I stress over school? All the time.  Did I kill myself over every last grade