Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Keeping My Students Safe Isn’t Easy « Cooperative Catalyst

Keeping My Students Safe Isn’t Easy « Cooperative Catalyst:


Keeping My Students Safe Isn’t Easy

Gun Library
I want to keep my students safe, I really do, but it really is impossible.
When it comes to student and staff safety, there are so many things wrong with the way my school is built and run that I don’t know where to begin.
Our principal reminded the staff again this week that only the front door should be used for entrance and exit, so let’s start there.
It is unlocked. Anyone can walk up the three steps, open the door, and be in the building. Anyone. Delivery people, parents, job applicants, former students. Anyone. Why not a shooter?
Up three more steps and our shooter is in the lobby facing our security desk. Most of the time we have an