Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 28, 2012

Imtiaz Majeed – My Talk With Suli Breaks | Student Voice

Imtiaz Majeed – My Talk With Suli Breaks | Student Voice:


Imtiaz Majeed – My Talk With Suli Breaks

I went in not sure what to expect. I came out feeling inspired. This is my talk with Suli Amoako, more commonly known on the Internet as, Suli Breaks.
His video “Why I Hate School But Love Education” has recently gone viral with over 1.5 million views.

Popout
Despite receiving many negative responses both from the YouTube comments and from articles such as this one from Emmeline Zhao, I believe that Suli’s video was quite the inspiration. It motivated me to pursue my passions with even more fervor. His passion leaked out of him and into most of the people I shared the video with. “I want kids to believe in themselves,” says Suli who believes that we shouldn’t just go to college because society tells us to.
First, let me make this clear because I believe that there has been a lot of misunderstandings of Suli’s message,