Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tom Friedman is a friggin’ idiot. « Fred Klonsky

Tom Friedman is a friggin’ idiot. « Fred Klonsky:


Tom Friedman is a friggin’ idiot.


It only took a few seconds after I posted “Tom Friedman is a friggin’ idiot” on my Facebook page in response to today’s NY Times column, than my MacBook started pinging like crazy.
Likes and comments poured like Morton salt.
I once had an administrator offer me Friedman’s The World is Flat to read. I returned the favor by giving him Diane Ravitch’s The Death and Life of the Great American School. 
I actually read the Friedman book. I don’t think he broke the spine of Ravitch’s. Too bad for me. Too bad for him.
Friedman, as The Gawker points out, writes basically the same stupid column over and over.
But the particulars of each column are what amazes and then numbs the mind.
Today he suggests that Secretary of Education Arne Duncan would be a