Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Official Education Rephorm Lexicon | EduShyster

The Official Education Rephorm Lexicon | EduShyster:



The Official Education Rephorm Lexicon

A portfolio is a discredited approach to education reform and a brief case in which papers explaining the excellence of said approach can be carried.

 Like you I spend many hours each day aligning myself with the new Common Core standards. And already the payoff has been huge. My scores on the standardized tests that I administer to myself three times per week have risen incredibly, while my Value Added has also shot up, except around the house where I continue to refuse to lift a finger. Nowhere has my improvement been more excellent than in mastering new vocabulary. Yesterday alone I acquired two new Tier Seven vocabulary terms: oenophile and Jeroboam.
Now I realize that not everyone has the time and high expectations required to wade through the Common Core Language Strand in the manner that I am doing. That’s why EduShyster is pleased to offer her very own direct, deep-level Instructional Strategies to help readers acquire new vocabulary. Note: these strategies cannot be