Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky:




Saturday coffee.

I walked a block down the slope to 7th Avenue and got two lattes.
Then as Anne did her exercises, I took some of the leftover sweet potato and apple kugel I made for Thanksgiving and formed two little patties. I crisped them up in a pan. By then, Anne was came into the kitchen. I fried a couple of eggs and slid them over the kugel patties.
Breakfast in Brooklyn.
It has been a beautiful week here. Unseasonably warm enough for the family to take a stroll through the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens yesterday.
If you don’t live in any of the devastatingly  hard hit areas of the City, like the Rockaways, Red Hook, Coney Island or Queens, you barely notice that Sandy visited just a few weeks ago.
The traffic seems a little worse. The trains seem to run a little slower. Signs taped to light poles still direct you to