Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky:



Saturday coffee.

PopoutIt is coffee at home on this gloomy autumn morning. And the coffee is good.
I reported in the earlier post about the sit-in at Rahm’s fifth floor city-hall office last night. We begin the next big wave in the movement to save Chicago’s public schools from closings, charters and private management.
There are some who love calling everything the Civil Rights Movement of our time. But since I am old enough to have been through the last Civil Rights Movement (granted, I was a teenager), I think I am qualified to say that you can draw a pretty solid line from then to what is happening in Chicago now.
Even if some folks had to read their iPad for the lyrics to We Shall Overcome.
The pictures of folks, Black, Latino, Asian and white, practicing non-violent civil disobedience and being loaded


Old school.

Albert King.