Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 1, 2012

NYC Educator: An ATR Reports Friday to Help 80,000 Union Brothers and Sisters Accomplish Diddly Squat

NYC Educator: An ATR Reports Friday to Help 80,000 Union Brothers and Sisters Accomplish Diddly Squat:

An ATR Reports Friday to Help 80,000 Union Brothers and Sisters Accomplish Diddly Squat

by fabulous and wonderful new ed. blogger Suddenly ATR

One of the hardest parts of being an ATR is the fact that I have to travel to a different place every week. Since I don't have a car, this often means standing at 6 in the morning waiting for my first of three bus transfers. Now, if I had a permanent position the long commute would be worth it, because I'd have my own group of students that I wanted to see through the school year. But one of the worst things about being an ATR is I travel two hours to arrive at a school, and usually the payroll secretary will give me my "program" for the day, whatever that might be.
I've tried to stay motivated and think that I'm fulfilling a '