Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 2, 2012

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: 'I'm incentivizing responsible parenting' -- Rahm

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: 'I'm incentivizing responsible parenting' -- Rahm:


'I'm incentivizing responsible parenting' -- Rahm


Rahm takes the low road once more. This time on so-called "parent involvement".

 He cuts a deal with Walgreen Co. CEO Greg Wasson to offer CPS parents gift cards loaded with 25,000 ”customer loyalty” points (worth $25) for attending report card pick up yesterday.

Rahm claims he got the gift card idea during one of his morning workouts:
'That’s what happens when I start swimming. I start coming up with ideas.' 
On previous swims, the mayor came up with the bonuses for his fave principals for their already-high test scores;bribes to schools that "voluntarily" acquiesced to his longer school day scheme; two failed teacher "merit pay"