Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Let's get something straight: Squeezy the Pension Python isn't in Wisconsin : blue cheddar

Let's get something straight: Squeezy the Pension Python isn't in Wisconsin : blue cheddar:


Let’s get something straight: Squeezy the Pension Python isn’t in Wisconsin

Meet Illinois Governor Quinn’s Squeezy the Python. He’s supposed to symbolize that state’s mismanaged pension fund placing the squeeze on every other Illinois government program. As ridiculous as this looks, I did not go out of my way to create an orange joke snake for Illinois. This is real. Here’s the accompanying video from Gov. Quinn.
I’d just like to make double sure everybody is reminded that there is no comparable pension python in Wisconsin because Wisconsin’s pension is fully funded (I’m not really going to dig into the Illinois pension which I know little about).
Why worry about a ridiculous cartoon south of the border, you may be asking. I guess once you’ve found national outlets conflating pension problems that emanate from outside your state with any old location fo