Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 22, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Times and I-1240

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Times and I-1240:


Seattle Times and I-1240

No on 1240 (click on picture)
http://www.no1240.org/
Okay. We get it. The Seattle Times endorses initiative 1240. Boy, do they ever. They have run a string of editorials in support of it and they have hosted two live chat events for it.

This latest stunt should not have surprised me, but it did. The Times editorial board invited folks to send a tweet about I-1240 to their twitter account @seatimesopinion with the hashtag #I1240. I sent a few. I'm sure other folks sent some in opposition to the initiative.

The Times wrote:
"We asked readers to share 140-word editorials on Twitter about the Washington state charter school initiative on the Nov. 6, 2012 ballot, Initiative 1240. Here are some of the tweets you shared with us."
Yet the only six tweets to get through their filter were five that were in favor of I-1240 and a cryptic one that