Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 1, 2012

Schools Matter: Empty of Fact: Rachel Brown's Bellwether Propaganda

Schools Matter: Empty of Fact: Rachel Brown's Bellwether Propaganda:


Empty of Fact: Rachel Brown's Bellwether Propaganda

I asked Doug Martin, my colleague at The Common Errant and a dogged investigator of politico-corporate-educational malfeasance, to help us interpret the misleading graphic presentation offered by Rachel Brown for The Atlantic's Reform Pamphlet.  Ms Brown seems to responsible for page 87; I don't think it's appropriate to say she wrote it as it is primarily a presentation of "content" I would compare to what Netflix offers as a selection screen for the under-7 "latch-pc" crowd (this is exemplary of what is actually being learned by children).  That is I would compare both the content and the presentation with "Just for Kids."



Page 87 is called "New Advocates, New Ideas" in the print version but online it's titled "The Education Upstarts."

Let me just say that I applaud the online title as being interesting if not entirely apt.  Perhaps definition number