Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 20, 2012

School Tech Connect: Our Topsy-Turvy State

School Tech Connect: Our Topsy-Turvy State:


Our Topsy-Turvy State

The constitutional amendment notice language on all Illinois ballots next month is deceptive, and is should be invalidated by the courts. Plus the amendment itself is just a stupid thing to tack onto the constitution. It adds a whole new dimension of murky to an otherwise clear document.

I was going to add links but I noticed that state's online constitution links are down at the moment.


And I can't say that I blame whoever has taken down the constitution. If I were trying to add a confusing, rambling, deceptive bit of gobbledygook to a pristinely written masterpiece, I'd take down the link to the original, too.