Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week Eight 2012

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week Eight 2012:


Week Eight 2012

Number 8 on 08-08-08-F8-8th sec-ISO 800
Once again, I’m not keeping up with my work life online. Part of this is because I’m spending more time staying in touch with parents this year, so I thought I’d start this week’s report by sharing how I’m doing that.
First, I am using the Googles to simplify my life in a couple of ways. I started a Gmail account for class administrivia last year, and I’ve carried it over to this year. When I got my class list, I looked up all my parents’ email addresses and cell phone numbers, and started to add them to my contacts.  I use this as the base to send out a weekly email update about what the class is doing.  Here is last week’s communique:
This week:
  • At last Monday’s Sixth Grade Class Meeting, we prepared to sell BooGrams by making die-cuts, and students sold at the end of the week.
  • We started new units/chapters in all our subject areas. Social Studies was early