Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NYC Educator: Sick Days? ATRs Don't Need No Stinking Sick Days!

NYC Educator: Sick Days? ATRs Don't Need No Stinking Sick Days!:


Sick Days? ATRs Don't Need No Stinking Sick Days!

For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling sick. Not 'can't get out of bed' sick, but I have a runny nose and cough that never seems to go away, for a few days I had a nasty intestinal virus that made me weak and nauseous, and the constant changes of schedule have made me tired and sluggish.

Had I been in a normal teaching situation, I probably would have called in sick one of those days to recuperate. I often found that taking one day off just to sleep and relax often did a world of good for me, both physically and mentally.

But as an ATR, I can't do that. I'm told that wherever I go, I have to