Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My View: Why I will vote for President Obama – Schools of Thought - CNN.com Blogs

My View: Why I will vote for President Obama – Schools of Thought - CNN.com Blogs:


My View: Why I will vote for President Obama

Courtesy Jack MillerBy Diane Ravitch, Special to CNN
Editor’s note: Diane Ravitch was Assistant Secretary of Education in the administration of George H.W. Bush. She is a historian of education and is now a Research Professor at New York University.  She is the author of several books on education, including her latest “The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice are Undermining Education.”   She blogs daily at dianeravitch.net and can be followed on Twitter at @DianeRavitch.
Schools of Thought will be publishing other views on this topic in the days up to the election.
Over the past three years, I have been an outspoken critic of the education policies of the Obama administration. In my view, Race to the Top is a disastrous program that is almost indistinguishable from the Bush 
The Cure for Romnesia (click picture)