Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mother Crusader: I Made The Honor Roll

Mother Crusader: I Made The Honor Roll:


I Made The Honor Roll

On school mornings my alarm goes off about 7:15 and my girls climb into bed with me for a quick snuggle before we get up and get going.  I usually check my email as we lie in bed.  

I follow Diane Ravitch's blog, as I am sure many of you do, and get email notifications whenever she posts.  I am often amazed at how late and/or how early she has posted, and wonder when this amazing woman sleeps!

When I read the title of an email from 7:04 this morning my heart stopped.

A New Jersey Mom: Another Hero of Public Education

When I read that it was about me, I cried.  
Darcie Cimarusti is a hero of public education. As a parent of young children in the fine public schools of New Jersey, she became alarmed when a charter planned to open in her community. She knew that the charter would divide the community and undercut the public schools.