Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Ain't Too Proud to Beg? Parent/Teacher Communication!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Ain't Too Proud to Beg? Parent/Teacher Communication!:


Ain't Too Proud to Beg? Parent/Teacher Communication!

I attend the same church as one of  my students' parents. I know her mom very well.  After service she made, I guess what she thought was a joke, and said, "I have never had a teacher email the parents as much as you do! I asked my mom if you have a life?"
I didn't think it was funny.

I told her that I have a life, it doesn't take me that long to send an email, and that I had only sent three emails that month. I guess I answered a bit tersely because she hastened to let me know how much she appreciated the fact that I kept in touch with my parents.

On the other hand, at Open House a parent applauded the fact that I used technology to keep in touch with the