Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 21, 2012

21st century education: Flaws, fixes, further thoughts [SAIS/MISBO NOTES] | Dangerously Irrelevant

21st century education: Flaws, fixes, further thoughts [SAIS/MISBO NOTES] | Dangerously Irrelevant:


21st century education: Flaws, fixes, further thoughts [SAIS/MISBO NOTES]

SAISlogo
[Warning: long post]
I’m at the SAIS/MISBO conference in Atlanta, Georgia. My keynote and workshops aren’t until tomorrow so today I’m just a learner. Right now I’m sitting in a session titled 21st century education: Flaws, fixes, further thoughts, facilitated by Matt Gossage and David Streight. David is the director of the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education. Matt is the Head of theCannon School in Concord, North Carolina. Most of the session attendees are heads of independent schools or school business managers. Here are my notes… [much of this is paraphrased]