Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The in box. “As a teacher, I am vilified and my profession is denigrated by the mayor and his office’s media tactics.” « Fred Klonsky

The in box. “As a teacher, I am vilified and my profession is denigrated by the mayor and his office’s media tactics.” « Fred Klonsky:


The in box. “As a teacher, I am vilified and my profession is denigrated by the mayor and his office’s media tactics.”

The Reality of Education:
Each year I teach five sections of high school English.  That’s thirty (or more!) students in a room.  That means that in my short career, I’ve already influenced almost 500 people directly!  This doesn’t even include students I’ve taught in summer or night school, students who I mentor, have in my after-school club, or just smile at in the hall on a day when no one else did.  Being a teacher is the most challenging thing I have done in my life; it is also the most rewarding.  I can’t even fully