Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 27, 2012

School Tech Connect: In Fact, I Asked...

School Tech Connect: In Fact, I Asked...:


In Fact, I Asked...

What the heck-- I thought I'd ask Kelly Cassidy a question.



And I'm referring to this.

Seriously, the legislature doesn't have the grapes to tell the voters what it costs to run the state, year after year, and they run up a credit card bill disguised as a pension system, and then they turn around and blame it on out-of-control local boards? All of which have been paying their share and facing voters in a state where the schools lean on the property tax?

Shame on the legislature for puking up this ill-advised amendment to our Constitution. Honestly, they should all 

Fix The Actual Problems (Link Fixed)

Fix the ramp. Fix the flat tax-created revenue problem.

All of these other little sneaky, fraught-with-peril sideshows are a distraction. 

I'd like to ask my great state representative, Kelly Cassidy, if she would have vote for Amendment 49 if it came up today. It's just such a dumb thing to put in a constitution.

Ixnay on the Arter-Chay

Look for Heather Steans' state charter commission to overrule the Rockford school board, which has found what basically everyone else has found...

The administration said its approval would turn a private or nonpublic school into a charter school, officials couldn’t ensure the plan was “economically sound,” and officials couldn’t demonstrate that they were willing or able to provide services to students with disabilities or “meaningful, appropriate or adequate education for English-language learners.”
For the record, these concerns have not stopped Rahm Emanuel. I do not know how the economic model makes