Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Public School Supporters Meeting With Governor Dean and Randi Weingarten at the DNC | K-12 News Network

Public School Supporters Meeting With Governor Dean and Randi Weingarten at the DNC | K-12 News Network:

Public School Supporters Meeting With Governor Dean and Randi Weingarten at the DNC

by 

While at the DNC, I was lucky enough to be invited to a small gathering of public education supporters with Governor Dean and Randi Weingarten, who heads the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). I’m a tremendous fan of Governor Dean — in fact, I was a Deaniac before there was a netroots. I still think he’s fantastic on so many issues close to the hearts of progressives. And I love the “50-state strategy.” Here’s my recollection of what took place at the meeting.
When I heard about the meeting, I invited several allies and activists to attend. (I think we may have all heard about the meeting from different sources.) There was a large group from Florida in attendance (all delegates to