Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NYC Educator: ATR Opportunity of a Lifetime!

NYC Educator: ATR Opportunity of a Lifetime!:


ATR Opportunity of a Lifetime!

 By special guest blogger Suddenly ATR

I was invited to a "Teacher Recruitment Fair." I spent the better part of the previous night printing out copies of my resume, recent observations, and fiddling with my portfolio. I got a rather troubling email though from the DOE, which said (and I quote): "Thank you again for registering for tomorrow’s Teacher Recruitment Fair at 4PM ET. As a reminder, this event will take place at Citi Field, located at 123-01 Roosevelt Ave., Flushing, NY 11368. Additionally, we would like to take this time to let you know that we expect a relatively limited number of schools to be in attendance."

 At a little before 4 PM I arrived at Citi Field along with a