Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Louisiana Educator: Follow Up on Choice Course Program

Louisiana Educator: Follow Up on Choice Course Program:


Follow Up on Choice Course Program


Dear Ms Dastugue and BESE Members:
I have received the responses to my questions to BESE about choice course regulations. It is my understanding that President Dastugue directed Ms Pozniak (BESE Executive Director) to answer my questions according to BESE policy as it will be applied to choice courses for the 2013-14 school year.

I was disappointed by the lack of substance and accountability of BESE policy on choice courses as interpreted by Ms Pozniak in her answers to the questions. My major concern is that the application of BESE policy described does not seem to require students to attend a minimum number of hours of instruction in order to