Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 17, 2012

iPads and Reforming Classroom Practice: Deja Vu? | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

iPads and Reforming Classroom Practice: Deja Vu? | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice:


iPads and Reforming Classroom Practice: Deja Vu?

Listen to John Fontana, a journalist who blogs on such high-tech issues as digital identity, privacy and security.
iPad rollouts are significant when the school actually does something with them. My first-hand experience hasn’t been that good, I would like to hear what others have experienced. Perhaps I can use a good story or two to shake things loose at my son’s school.
They rolled out iPads last year. They talked about cutting edge, digital natives, blah, blah, blah. But their digital collaboration thinking was so old school (for my son’s in high school). When they mentioned email and phone calls, I knew I was in trouble. My son last sent an email three years ago and last month he burned a whopping