Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I SEE PROGRESS « Teachers Fight Back

I SEE PROGRESS « Teachers Fight Back:


I SEE PROGRESS

Wow!  More teachers strikes are popping up, more public workers are protesting, more unions in sports and entertainment areas are taking action. Even the Chicago Symphony musicians went on a brief strike. Workers everywhere are starting to fight back and demanding respect. It feels like the start of a new era for the working man. I didn’t see this coming, but I guess you can only push people so far before they start to fight back.
I’m proud of all the Chicago suburban teachers who seem to be using the Chicago teachers’ strike as an inspiration to demand some much-needed respect. That Chicago teachers’ strike was much more than a strike. I think it showed workers everywhere what a truly united body of workers can accomplish and what an old-time