Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fundamentally Opposed to Mandatory Standardized Education | Lefty Parent

Fundamentally Opposed to Mandatory Standardized Education | Lefty Parent:


Fundamentally Opposed to Mandatory Standardized Education

So I was in the mood for a rant today… You’ve been warned…
Based on all my life’s experience, all the principles I hold dear, and all my study of human history and development, I am fundamentally opposed to having a standardized education imposed on young people by the government. It is the most effective tool of the totalitarian state, and all the more pernicious when wielded by the highest levels of government in a democratic society. I fear that it will continue to erode the underpinnings of the democratic principles the United States was founded on, continuing to teach each successive generation that