Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

School Tech Connect: On The Taking of A Mile

School Tech Connect: On The Taking of A Mile:


On The Taking of A Mile
What.....
.....Really?

I'm supposed to be getting ready for bed.... but after reading this letter by the great Ken Previti over at the Mothership, I'm too agitated.

Ken makes the point that the history of pension systems is full of examples of miles being taken after inches were conceded. In fact, it's the conceding of the inches that appears to green light court rulings in favor of pension-raids that should have been plainly illegal.

He's recommending a terrific book called Retirement Heist by Ellen E. Shultz. I read some of the Google version of this book, and I'm going to order it from my local retailer.

It reminds me of the moment back in April when Ty Fahner said the thing you'll never see on the Illinois Is Broke Twitter feed. Remember this?