Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Tech Connect: Gag Me

School Tech Connect: Gag Me:


Gag Me

Nothing like two years of teaching to make you an expert. Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of these people just leave, having practiced teaching on poor kids. When this is all said and done, TFA will be seen as one of the most arch-conservative, anti-public education forces of them all.

I was a huge, international expert on pedagogy, classroom management, curriculum, and child development in my second year of teaching. Then, ten years later, I was mortified what an arrogant showboat I had been in the early years---there is so much more to it than what you see in the first years.

Anyway, go down the list of twelve and you find it's mostly people who want to fire teachers as the huge solution to America's problems.

The road to hell..... what's it paved with? I forget.