Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 27, 2012

New country song, “T-E-S-T-I-N-G”? Parents United for Responsible Education

Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive » New country song, “T-E-S-T-I-N-G”?:


New country song, “T-E-S-T-I-N-G”?

Well, I made that up but the story of Chicago Public School teacher turned country singer Katie Quick’s story inspired me. 
As told in the Tribune
“Growing up, I always wanted to be a teacher, to try to make a difference,” she says.
She became one, winding up teaching 6th-grade science at the Morrill Math & Science Specialty School in the Gage Park neighborhood.
Katie realized that the COS test prep curriculum was interfering with student learning:
“A lot of the kids in there and other neighborhoods in Chicago don’t even show up for class,” says