Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 24, 2012

UPDATE: I’m getting into this retirement thing. « Fred Klonsky

I’m getting into this retirement thing. « Fred Klonsky:


I’m getting into this retirement thing.





It has only been a couple of months. But I’m getting into this retirement thing.
You meet the greatest people.
Like last night.
My pal Glen Brown and I were invited to speak to a meeting of the North Lake Shore chapter of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association.
The IRTA is the largest organization of teacher retirees in the state of Illinois.
Irene Jinks is the North Lake Shore chapter President. Back in the day when I first got hired in Park Ridge Irene was on the school board. A real teacher on a school board. What a concept. There hasn’t been a board member


Karen Lewis at the Red Line.

Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis greets commuters at the 95th Street Station of the Red Line. Come to Chicago on Labor Day. Show your support for Chicago teachers.


Ten minute drawing: Joe Hill.